Thursday, January 21, 2010

7 Keys To Friendship

So I've been looking for a way not to feel guilty about what went down as well as not feel as though I had been used. One day I was flipping through the television and came across one of my favorite "televangelist" Creflo Dollar, and I swear everything he was saying was directed at me - funny how that always works like that. Soooooo...being the unselfish individual that I am, I decided to share what I've learned and what I study each morning ..the 7 Keys to Friendship.
In his message he stated: People need to learn to conduct themselves as friends. If someone can't be a friend before you get married or in a dating relationship, you cannot expect certain qualities to show up in the middle. If you can't past the test of friendship then it will be impossible to be any good in a relationship. Every dating relationship should achieve the objective of friendship.

7 Keys To Friendship

* Real friends bring comfort and support during trouble, in need
Job 2:11: Now when Job’s three friends heard of all this adversity that had come upon him, each one came from his own place. For they had made an appointment together to come and mourn with him, and to comfort him.

Friendship is comfortable a time of learning the other person and allows love to grow. In the Bible, distance was not an obstacle for Job's friends to come and comfort him in his time of need. They displayed an unconditional friendship. Nowadays friendship is conditional

* A friend is devoted
Job 6:14: To him who is afflicted, kindness should be shown by his friend, even though he forsakes the fear of the Almighty.

Showing kindness to a person is showing honor and respect to God, when you're not kind to a person it is a dishonor to God.

* A friend loves unconditionally

A friend will love you no matter the situation is or what you've done. This is an individual that you've trusted with access and information that most are not privileged to hear, this relationship has a certain level of trust and confidence.
Unconditional love pertaining to friendship - does this person feel comfortable sharing the most intimate and private details of life with you? Do you trust them enough to expose yourself to them? You can't be accountable to another without being willing to be transparent - which is a scary thing to do.

* Friends speak constructively even when it hurts

There are friendships that are better than relationships because the friendship was not ever established. Its wrong if you have a friend and you have to find out from a stranger something that a friend should have told you.

Proverbs 27:6: Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful

Some of the people you are mad at and dont want to talk to anymore - were likely your friend ..WOW!!! From this verse I took that a true friend will likely hurt you, but they will faithfully be your friend based on the other keys to friendship mentioned already. But an enemy will say all of the right things and make you feel good at all times.

* A friend helps when you're down

* A friend has intimate knowledge of your affairs

John 15:15: No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

* A friend makes your life better by giving good advice

Proverbs 27:9: Ointment and perfume delight the heart and the sweetness of a man’s friend gives delight by hearty counsel.

I'll probably elaborate on these key points more but I just couldn't keep these to myself!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment